- SEN Teaching Assistant
- 08.45 – 15.15 Monday to Friday
- Term Time only
- To commence ASAP
This is a full-time position at Bodriggy Academy, part of Truro and Penwith Academy Trust, up to August 2019.
The successful candidate will be experienced in working with Special Educational Needs and confident in working with children who have social communication difficulties. They will need an understanding of how to create an effective learning environment to maintain pupil participation and are able to promote enriched learning opportunities. He/she should be able to work collaboratively alongside a class teacher and other members of staff whilst being able to use their initiative and work more independently at times.
Successful candidates will:
- Be a positive, flexible and a team player
- Be able to develop children's self-esteem
- Be creative and innovative to support the needs of the individual
- Support the teacher with the delivery of the curriculum and respond to the pupils’ needs enabling them to make rapid progress
We are looking for someone who:
- Enthusiastic, fun, committed and resilient
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Understands the need for sensitivity and confidentiality
- Has previous experience of working in a similar role
- Will contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
We will offer you:
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Active and supportive colleagues
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged.
For an application form please go to Bodriggy website, vacancies.
For any further details, please contact Mrs Michelle Foreman, School Business Manager via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is noon Tuesday 20th November 2018
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 26th November 2018
Truro and Penwith Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening and employment checks, including enhanced DBS clearance and full reference checks with previous employers.